Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? We’ve got answers.
Swimco: Sailing in a New Direction
Updates for 2021 and beyond
2020 was a challenging year for many businesses. In the fall of 2020, Swimco became insolvent and went into bankruptcy. Recently, former owners Lori and Dave Bacon have purchased the Swimco assets from the receiver. With all of the retail locations closed; the new Swimco will emerge as an online only boutique specializing in selling swimwear.
Swimco.com will provide access to a wide selection of quality swimwear, beachwear, and accessories for men, women and children of all ages in a broad range of brand names, sizes, styles, and prices. We will continue to build on our long standing reputation of excellent customer service and swimwear knowledge to ensure that you find the fit you need to Feel Good Half Naked.
Excellence begins with a great selection of carefully curated swimwear from the best names and strongest brands. We will team with suppliers to provide exclusive options, the latest trends, and best value in swimwear for all body types. The website is built around fit. We’re passionate about finding the right fit, in terms of style, use, and comfort for your body. Website features will include fit guides, real models, customer testimonials, staff recommendations, live chat, guided browsing, virtual fitting, and easy returns. We will also offer exclusive one-on-one personal fittings in our Calgary office.
When you’re looking for that perfect swimsuit for your next adventure go with someone you trust; at Swimco.com.
Finding My Fit
How do I know my size in a specific swimsuit?
- Swimsuits do fit differently than clothing, so the best way to measure for a perfect fit is to use your bra size and jean size for women, and pant size for men. Then reference the size chart on that specific product’s page. Each brand fits differently, so it’s very common to be different sizes in multiple pieces.
- Make sure to have a measuring tape handy to get other measurements, such as bust, waist and hips, for a precise fit.
- If you want a one-on-one fit experience, our Fit Experts in customer service are here to help.
I think my body type is “apple/pear/top heavy/etc.”, what styles should I check out?
- There is no one size fits all approach for swimwear, but a great starting place is to visit our Shop By Fit page.
- Even better, chat with one of our Fit Experts. Our Fit Experts have ALL worked in our stores and have the background and knowledge to find you the perfect suit in the perfect size for you.
Any other fit tips for me?
- YES! We are Fit Experts and have over 40 years of experience in helping every body find great swimwear. Some additional tips to finding perfect swimwear are:
- Look for Fit Tips on each item - our team quality checks everything we carry and will make notes for you if an item runs small/large or if there are any other things to know about before purchasing.
- Materials matter! Lycra suits should fit snug as they stretch almost half a size when wet. Make sure it’s not uncomfortable though! Polyester suits do not stretch once wet, so choose a comfortable fit.
- Some tips are style-specific. One pieces should fit snug on your booty, no wrinkling. If you pull on the top of the straps they should reach the bottom of your ear lobe. That, friends, is a perfect fit! When sporting your bikini top, it should fit like a bra always on the first clasp so you have room to tighten it as the fabric stretches.
Orders & Returns
Are swimsuits final sale?
- No. Swimwear can be returned within 30 days of the ship date as long as it's unworn, tags are attached, there are no marks or stains, and the liner is in place. Goggles, swim caps, face masks, swimwear cleaner, nose plugs, and ear plugs are final sale.
Can I change or cancel my order?
- If you need to change or cancel your order, please call our customer service team as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate you!
What do I do if I have received a damaged or defective product?
- If you have received a damaged or defective item please contact our customer service team and we will happily help you.
How can I track my order?
- Your tracking number is sent with your shipment confirmation e-mail, so just click that link to see where your package is.
How much is shipping?
- Standard shipping is free for all Canadian orders over $100 before tax! If your order is less than $100, shipping within Canada is $8 for standard, but we also have Express and Priority options for our Canuck customers. Pricing will vary.
Can I ship half myorder to one address and then the other half to another address?
- Unfortunately we can’t ship separate parts of a single order to multiple addresses. If you would like to split your order and ship it to different addresses, you must make a separate order for each shipping address.
What are my payment options online?
- We accept Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, and PayPal. Our credit card processing system is secure, so your shopping is even more care-free!
How are sales taxes determined on my order?
- The sales taxes are determined based on the shipping address on your order, not the billing address. So if you’re a BC babe but you’re shipping to Ontario, you’ll be charged Ontario sales tax.
I forgot to enter my promo code when placing my order! Is it too late to redeem it?
- We can do our best to help you out in this situation, as it depends on whether the order has shipped yet or not. Please call or e-mail our customer service team and we will look into it with you!
Do you offer price adjustments?
- We do! In-store only though, not valid on online purchases or prices seen online. We will offer a one-time price adjustment on regular priced merchandise within 14 days of in-store purchase. Promotional items are not eligible for price adjustments and adjustments will only be made if the item is marked down and will not be made in the event of a special promotion or coupon code.
Do I need an account to place my order?
- No! You can place an order as a Guest during checkout, but if you do make an account, your receipt will be saved, you get a speedier checkout, and you can easily reference past purchases.
Fit Experts, Contact Us & Care
How can I reach customer service?
- During our operating hours (Monday-Friday 8am-4pm MT) you can call or chat live with one of our Fit Experts. And of course, you can always email us! All of our contact information is here.
What’s the best way to take care of my swimwear?
- Swimwear is delicate and can best maintain a good fit when it is treated with care. And no, just rinsing your suit in cold water or using regular washing detergents isn’t going to cut it! Your swimsuit gets its stretch from Lycra, a special synthetic fibre that makes its figure-flattering shape look great and feel comfortable. Lycra, however, is susceptible to damage by repeated exposure to the chemicals in swimming pools, sunscreen and even your body’s natural oils. You want to remove the chemicals, chlorine and saltwater from your suit to help prolong the life of your suit, which means using a cleanser specifically for swimwear.
The Dos Of Swimwear Care:
- Rinse your swimsuit in freshwater as soon as possible after use.
- Use swimwear cleaner to wash your suit after every swim in chlorine and saltwater pools.
- Hand wash in cold water with half a cap full of the swimwear cleaner solution and let the suit sit for five minutes, then rinse.
- Lay swimwear flat to dry, away from direct sunlight
- For brightly coloured suits, always make sure to pre-wash them with swimwear cleaner before wearing to help set the colours.
- Don't wring or roll up your swimsuit when wet.
- Don't put your swimsuit in the washer or dryer, and never in a spin dryer machine at the pool.
- Don't iron, dry clean, or bleach your suit.
We cannot guarantee against damage caused by pool and hot tub chemicals, sunscreens and abrasives (like pool decks or waterslides). Treat your swimwear with care, and it'll treat you right back, helping you feel good half naked!