Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? We’ve got answers.
Finding My Fit
How do I know my size in a specific swimsuit?
- Swimsuits do fit differently than clothing, so the best way to measure for a perfect fit is to use your bra size and jean size for women, and pant size for men. Then reference the size chart on that specific product’s page. Each brand fits differently, so it’s very common to be different sizes in multiple pieces.
- Make sure to have a measuring tape handy to get other measurements, such as bust, waist and hips, for a precise fit.
- If you want a one-on-one fit experience, our Fit Experts in customer service are here to help.
I think my body type is “apple/pear/top heavy/etc.”, what styles should I check out?
- There is no one size fits all approach for swimwear, but a great starting place is to visit our Shop By Fit page.
- Even better, chat with one of our Fit Experts. Our Fit Experts have ALL worked in our stores and have the background and knowledge to find you the perfect suit in the perfect size for you.
Any other fit tips for me?
- YES! We are Fit Experts and have over 40 years of experience in helping every body find great swimwear. Some additional tips to finding perfect swimwear are:
- Look for Fit Tips on each item - our team quality checks everything we carry and will make notes for you if an item runs small/large or if there are any other things to know about before purchasing.
- Materials matter! Lycra suits should fit snug as they stretch almost half a size when wet. Make sure it’s not uncomfortable though! Polyester suits do not stretch once wet, so choose a comfortable fit.
- Some tips are style-specific. One pieces should fit snug on your booty, no wrinkling. If you pull on the top of the straps they should reach the bottom of your ear lobe. That, friends, is a perfect fit! When sporting your bikini top, it should fit like a bra always on the first clasp so you have room to tighten it as the fabric stretches.
Orders & Returns
Are swimsuits final sale?
- For online orders, we will happily replace, exchange, or refund any regular priced items, including swimwear, that you are unsatisfied with within 21 days of shipping date. The product must be unworn, unwashed, in its original condition and packaging, with all tags and hygienic protection liners still attached. All sale items can be returned for store credit or exchanged for another amazing find.
- Any regular sale items with marked down prices ending in 0.99 or 0.98 can only be exchanged or returned for store credit.
- Any final sale items with prices ending in 0.97 or part of a special store promotion are FINAL SALE. These super deals are yours to keep babe! Chat with a Fit Expert for details.
For more details, including in-store purchases, visit our returns page. Do you offer returns? What about exchanges?
- Yes we do offer returns and exchanges! There are some exceptions, so please visit our Shipping, Returns and Exchanges page for details.
How long does it take refund to show up on my credit card?
- Refunds are generally processed within five business days of our team receiving the returned items. This depends on your bank too, so sometimes it can take a touch longer, up to seven additional business days.
Can I change or cancel my order?
- If you need to change or cancel your order, please call our customer service team as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate you!
What do I do if I have received a damaged or defective product?
- If you have received a damaged or defective item please contact our customer service team and we will happily help you.
How can I track my order?
- Your tracking number is sent with your shipment confirmation e-mail, so just click that link to see where your package is.
- You can also track your package by entering the tracking number into the Canada Post or FedEx link on our shipping page. If you have any trouble, just contact our customer service team.
How much is shipping?
- Standard shipping is free for all Canadian orders over $150 before tax! If your order is less than $150, shipping within Canada is $8 for standard, but we also have Express and Priority options for our Canuck customers. Pricing will vary.
- If you’re ordering from the US or would like more information on shipping options, please visit our shipping page.
Do you ship outside of Canada?
- Only to our friends south of the border in the US. For more details, check out the shipping page.
Can I ship half my order to one address and then the other half to another address?
- Unfortunately we can’t ship separate parts of a single order to multiple addresses. If you would like to split your order and ship it to different addresses, you must make a separate order for each shipping address.
What are my payment options online?
- We accept all Swimco gift cards, Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, and PayPal. Our credit card processing system is secure, so your shopping is even more care-free!
Can I use my Swimco gift card online?
- Yes! Just input the gift card number, located on the back of your gift card along with the 4 digit CVC code on the back, during checkout.
Can I purchase a gift card online?
- Yes! You can purchase a gift card to be delivered to your recipient or you can purchase a Virtual Gift Card which will be delivered to your recipients e-mail. Please note that Virtual Gift Cards are not delivered instantaneously. They will be delivered within 2 business days of purchase. Shop for gift cards here.
Can a virtual gift card be redeemed in store?
- Yes! Just bring a printed copy to any of our Swimco locations or have the Virtual Gift Card ready on your mobile device.
How do I check the balance on my gift card?
- Just click here to check your balance and be sure to have the gift card number, as well as the CVC number from the back of the card.
How are sales taxes determined on my order?
- The sales taxes are determined based on the shipping address on your order, not the billing address. So if you’re a BC babe but you’re shipping to Ontario, you’ll be charged Ontario sales tax.
I forgot to enter my promo code when placing my order! Is it too late to redeem it?
- We can do our best to help you out in this situation, as it depends on whether the order has shipped yet or not. Please call or e-mail our customer service team and we will look into it with you!
Do you offer price adjustments?
- We do! In-store only though, not valid on online purchases or prices seen online. We will offer a one-time price adjustment on regular priced merchandise within 14 days of in-store purchase. Promotional items are not eligible for price adjustments and adjustments will only be made if the item is marked down and will not be made in the event of a special promotion or coupon code.
Do I need an account to place my order?
- No! You can place an order as a Guest during checkout, but if you do make an account, your receipt will be saved, you get a speedier checkout, and you can easily reference past purchases.
Fit Experts, Contact Us & Care
How can I reach customer service?
- During our operating hours (Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm MT) you can call or chat live with one of our Fit Experts. And of course, you can always email us! All of our contact information is here.
What’s the best way to take care of my swimwear?
- Swimwear is delicate and can best maintain a good fit when it is treated with care. And no, just rinsing your suit in cold water or using regular washing detergents isn’t going to cut it! Your swimsuit gets its stretch from Lycra, a special synthetic fibre that makes its figure-flattering shape look great and feel comfortable. Lycra, however, is susceptible to damage by repeated exposure to the chemicals in swimming pools, sunscreen and even your body’s natural oils. You want to remove the chemicals, chlorine and saltwater from your suit to help prolong the life of your suit, which means using a cleanser specifically for swimwear.
The Dos Of Swimwear Care:
- Rinse your swimsuit in freshwater as soon as possible after use.
- Use swimwear cleaner to wash your suit after every swim in chlorine and saltwater pools.
- Hand wash in cold water with half a cap full of the swimwear cleaner solution and let the suit sit for five minutes, then rinse.
- Lay swimwear flat to dry, away from direct sunlight
- For brightly coloured suits, always make sure to pre-wash them with swimwear cleaner before wearing to help set the colours.
- Don't wring or roll up your swimsuit when wet.
- Don't put your swimsuit in the washer or dryer, and never in a spin dryer machine at the pool.
- Don't iron, dry clean, or bleach your suit.
We cannot guarantee against damage caused by pool and hot tub chemicals, sunscreens and abrasives (like pool decks or waterslides). Treat your swimwear with care, and it'll treat you right back, helping you feel good half naked!