Swimco is Canada’s leading swimwear retailer with over 24 stores across Canada. We have about 250 people in all with a core of 40 in Head Office. Our focus is on customer service and ensuring that we all play a role in making our customers feel comfortable wearing a swimsuit so they may enjoy the best adventures of their lives. This focus influences how we function at Head Office. It is our job to make sure that our salespeople have all of the tools and support to help them build that confidence.
A Communications Expert in Marketing at Corporate Head Office in Calgary, AB who will have the ability to follow high level marketing strategy and business goals, and the ability to coordinate a large variety of marketing and communication tasks in order to implement marketing plans. The Communications Expert needs to be able to multi-task and prioritize, thrive on achieving results, and be an exceptional communicator.
- Following through on all marketing tasks as directed. Tasks are diverse and include but are not limited to: social media, promotions, media (TV, online, print, bloggers, etc.) and fashion events, mall events, promotional items, product pulls, website support, traditional advertising including newspaper and magazine ads, coordinating elements of store window displays, in-store POP and visual points, brand collateral, coordinating directly with malls to ensure all information is up to date, manage lifeguard communication pieces, requesting and managing gift cards, archiving past Swimco media, helping with the editing process for marketing related projects, including digital ads, managing Swimco swag redesign and surprise & delights, manage marketing inventory on a monthly basis.
- Collaborating directly with PR agency for media updates and opportunities. Direct source of communication with stores on our brand ambassador program. Sharing media wins and updates with the company.
- Manage email content, call-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Social media strategy development and execution of all Swimco social media channels including content, imagery, customer service and social media growth.
- Adhering to all brand standards and guidelines, including trademark requirements.
- Being a strong team player and display leadership character in order to work with graphic designer, buying team, store team and marketing team.
- Maintaining knowledge of the marketing industry, our swimwear industry, and trends.
- Coordinating market research projects
- Communication with store staff about promotions, marketing events, window displays and all projects that fall under the responsibility of the position.
- Implementing charity, community donations or other social responsibility actions, as required.
- Possible travel to stores and events
An awesome career!
We offer a great team atmosphere, expert Training, competitive pay, RSP matching, discount, anniversary free swimsuit, goal dinners, and endless opportunities for growth within Swimco.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, business or equivalent.
- 4+ years of similar experience in marketing or communications.
- Extensive experience in social media to oversee Swimco’s social channels.
- Broad knowledge of retail, swimwear industry and business processes.
- Good skills in prioritizing tasks, communicating openly and effectively.
- Ability to work as a team player and act as a leader within the company and on behalf of the company.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office programs, social media platforms, digital marketing programs.
- Good organizational and time management skills. High attention to detail.
- Must be an exceptional communicator with impeccable grammar and spelling
- Bright-minded, open-minded, and a critical thinker. Creative, but in the right places.
- Experience in a fashion retail organization.
- Knowledge of graphic design programs
- Be willing to learn and be coached.
- Committed to working successfully within a team.
- A love of the Swimco lifestyle and our belief that everybody deserves to feel good in a swimsuit so they can get the most out of life’s best adventures.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.