Swimco is Canada’s leading swimwear retailer with over 24 stores across Canada. We have about 250 people in all with a core of 40 in Head Office. Our focus is on customer service and ensuring that we all play a role in making our customers feel comfortable wearing a swimsuit so they may enjoy the best adventures of their lives. This focus influences how we function at Head Office. It is our job to make sure that our salespeople have all of the tools and support to help them build that confidence.
A Production Expert in our Marketing department at Corporate Head Office who will have strong graphic design skills, exceptional photo editing skills and the ability to effectively shoot product efficiently. You will need to be diligent, with strong attention-to-detail, have an eye for style and be a strong contributor to the marketing efforts of the organization.
- Editing all images in the marketing and e-commerce departments including e-commerce flat lay shots (highest priority and main responsibility), lifestyle photo shoot shots, email assets, social assets and website assets (homepage blocks, landing pages, banners, etc.)
- Completing all production tasks as it relates to graphic design in the organization including, but not limited to resizing POP (print and digital), developing social media assets, sizing web and digital graphics, traditional advertising, email graphics and store visuals like window banners/assets
- Editing and updating existing creative including business cards, post cards, store decals, office signage, swag, stationery, etc. with direction from the Creative Expert
- Periodically executing flat lay photo shoots to cover for our Image Expert when support or coverage is required
- Working closely and taking direction from, the Creative Expert and e-commerce team, to ensure e-commerce flat lay images are edited in a timely manner so product is uploaded on the website efficiently
- Along with Creative Expert, help to establish a ‘best practices’ for Swimco’s photography/editing
- Self-directed learning/testing/exploring, as well as learning through team members
An awesome career! We offer a great team atmosphere, expert Training, competitive pay, RSP matching, discount, anniversary free swimsuit, goal dinners, and endless opportunities for growth within Swimco.
- Post-secondary diploma, design certification, or the equivalent experience in graphic design
- 1-2 years of experience in a production or graphic design role
- Strong photo editing skills and experience in photography
- Strong knowledge of print production processes
- Strong skills in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite CC (specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Able to plan and organize multiple projects, set timelines, and meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable with last minute requests and disruptions to workflow
- Professional demeanor and approach
- Experience in a retail organization
- Be willing to learn and be coached
- Committed to working successfully within a team
- A love of the Swimco lifestyle and our belief that everybody deserves to feel good in a swimsuit so they can get the most out of life’s best adventures.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.